Saturday, May 4, 2019

Deviled Eggs for Cinco de Mayo

Deviled Eggs with a Mexican twist. 
I like deviled eggs, and I was inspired to make these today by Lisa Prince's recipe on WRAL. 
Ready to remove the yolks. 

I halved the eggs and put the yolks in a plastic bag so they could be mashed along with about a cup of guacamole, some Mayo, some sour cream and a bit of hot sauce.  I had never thought of mashing the yolks this way, but it works wonderfully.  Salt and pepper were added to taste.
Everything all smashed together.  Easy. 

Piping the mixture into the egg halves. 
After snipping a small hole in the corner of the plastic bag, it was easy to pipe the mixture into the egg halves. 
Ready for Cinco de Mayo. 
For some of the eggs, I added a dollop of salsa.  Salsa in the middle of the dish with chips and a bowl of chips on the side, and this is ready for tomorrow.

I couldn't wait to try the eggs so I added a few to my lunch today.  I have enough of the mixture to have Guacamole Eggs on toast for breakfast tomorrow.
My lunch today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment