Sunday, September 9, 2018

Three Friends and Their Hats (A Repost in Memory of my Friend Christene)

Three friends in August 2014.
I'm reposting this in memory of my friend Christene (left in photos) who passed away today. I was fortunate to be able to visit with her last week when I was in Cape Breton.  She was a good friend and a delightful lady.  We had so many good times together.  I will miss her terribly.  RIP my dear friend.

In the summer of 2013 my friends Michealette and Christene came out to Marble Mountain to spend a leisurely day walking on the beach, playing Scrabble and just catching up.  In the course of the afternoon, David (Christene's son) took photos of the three of us, but we could not get Christene to have her photo made without covering her face.  We told her she was camera shy.  So this summer when they were out for an afternoon we decided to try and recreate that same photo.
Photo from summer of 2013.  L. to R. Christene, me, Michealette.
Photo from this summer 2014.  An attempt to recreate a similar photo.

We persuaded Christene not to be camera shy so she agreed.
Christene camera shy no longer.

In the first photos I was wearing Michealette's hat and Christene was wearing a white hat that has been around the house here for as long as I can remember, but for our final photo this year, we each wore our own hats.  Christene had just got back from a trip to Vancouver and  was sporting a new hat from there.  Michealette had her original pretty sun hat, and I had my visor from the US Open which was in North Carolina this year. 
Photo from this year 2014 each wearing our own hats. 

The three of us always have a good time when we get together.  It's not just the young who can have fun, those of us who are not so young can continue to have just as much fun.  Stay tuned for next year's photo update.  

No comments:

Post a Comment