Saturday, September 15, 2018

Gadding About in the Morgan Street Food Hall


Thursday my hairdresser and friend Rana was telling me about going down to the Morgan Street Food Hall over the weekend and mentioned that there was a place that sold lobster rolls.  That whetted my appetite for lobster and sparked my interest in visiting the Food Hall that had only recently opened in downtown Raleigh.

It was 10:45 in the morning and I knew things wouldn't be so busy so early and with the storm brewing perhaps the traffic would be light.  Sure enough I made my way down and found a parking place right in front of the Food Hall where all parking places on West Street were vacant.
I figured out how to use the new to me parking meter.
The street was empty except for a lone green bicycle over on the sidewalk.  
While waiting for the Food Hall to open I photographed the outside bar area.
The outside bar. 
Lots of cool places to drink/eat outside. 

Once inside the spacious building I could see there was quite a variety of food choices in addition to lobster.

At one far end of the Hall is one of my favorite Mediterranean food restaurants, Sassool.  I bought a few things to have on hand this weekend when the storm hits.


There is a place to get curry in a hurry.  Although I like curry I passed it up this time.  Whatever strikes your fancy, I think you can find it here.



My lobster roll.
Got my lobster rolls to take home for later, and then ventured over to an ice cream stand called Raleigh Rolls where they make ice cream in little rolls.  Watching their technique was as much fun as eating the ice cream rolls.
My rolled ice cream.  Delicious. 
Yes, I ate every bit.  It was made using coconut milk not dairy.

I made a video of their making the ice cream rolls and although it is about 3 minutes long, it is definitely worth watching til the end.






No comments:

Post a Comment