Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Twelve Days of Christmas at the Carolina Inn


My friend Marcia and I made a quick trip over to Chapel Hill to see the Twelve Days of Christmas Designs at the Carolina Inn.  We had gone several years ago and enjoyed it so thought we would try it again this year.  The artists who design the vignettes are diverse and creative.
My bff Marcia.  

The Christmas tree in the center of the lobby is always a work of art, and this year was no exception. I especially like the lime green ornaments and lime touches in the ribbons.

I photographed just a few of the displays for your enjoyment.  If you are in the area, you really just not miss a visit to the Carolina Inn for this annual display.
Two turtle doves had real doves.
Seven swans swimming was one of my favorite. 
Nine ladies dancing. Created by Lance McRorie, a professional glass artist.
Ten drummers drumming.  

It would have been fun to stay for the afternoon tea, but there is a waiting list for reservations.  And we resisted the temptation to have dessert before we left.  (We did stop for ice cream on the way home though.)


No comments:

Post a Comment