Sunday, February 22, 2015

Escape from "Cabin Fever"

Dan and I have been snowed (or should I say iced ) in most of this week.  Our street is shady and there are still a lot of icy spots, and in particular there's an icy spot just where I back out of the driveway.  Brooks and his friend came over the other day and cleared our walkway as far as the car. So yesterday I ventured out!!!

We've given up our membership at Rex Wellness, and I've not yet signed up for membership at the Y, so I thought I would go over to Crabtree Mall and get some exercise.  As soon as I neared Crabtree on Glenwood Ave. I saw that almost half of Raleigh must have had the same idea as I.  The traffic was more congested than usual, and it took me at least 15 minutes driving around the parking lot to find a place to park.
Congested traffic on Glenwood near Crahtree Mall.

Inside, yep, it looked like half of Raleigh was there.  Nonetheless, I walked three times around the mall, taking pictures now and then.  I needed to shop for only one thing, a tube of Bobby Brown lipstick, Slopes, my favorite color.  Luckily I found it.
Lipsticks at Bobby Brown shop.

I passed by the Lindt's Candy Shop where they had their Easter candy on display, and next door Pottery Barn had some cute little silver bunnies for sale.
Easter candy at Lindt's.
Silver bunnies at Pottery Barn.

On around I passed by Janie and Jack  where I used to buy clothes for my "little" grands.  They have such cute things.  It made me wish for little ones again.
My favorite store for the little ones.

Aren't these little swim trucks adorable?

A kiosk was selling bamboo pillows and linens.  You never know where bamboo is going to turn up these days, but at least bamboo is an environmentally sound crop.
I was tempted.

The mannequins at XXI Forever were dressed in something like fashions from the 1970s.  I can imagine that Granddaughter Grace will be wanting some of these maxi skirts soon.  (I actual liked\ the 1970s fashion with culottes, maxis, peasant skirts and shawls, but I was young then.)
I can imagine granddaughter Grace in an outfit like this.

In addition to getting some much needed exercise after being cooped up indoors for several days, I managed to exert a bit of will power and walk right by the Godiva chocolate shop. (I'm cutting way back on sugar these days.)
Godiva Chocolate viewed through the window.  I did not dare go inside.  

Yes it was good to get out and about if even in a crowded mall.





No comments:

Post a Comment