Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Not My Mother's Rolling Pin


Not my Mother's rolling pin.
When I was making a pumpkin pie the other morning using my mother's rolling pin, I thought about all the different kind of rolling pins that are available now.  I've seen quite a few of these myself.  So I thought why not post a blog on "rolling pins".  My husband will think I'm desperate for something to blog about.  But no.

Here's a variety of rolling pins I saw online at The Chopping Board

A melange of rolling pins.

When we were in Italy, we saw pasta being made using a very long and very heavy rolling pin, something like this:
The kind of rolling pin we saw used in making pasta in Italy.

I was in Pier One Import's on Black Friday and saw this pretty rolling pin.  It's pretty, but I don't know how functional it would be.
Pretty black and white polka dot rolling pin at Pier One.
Here's a unique use for an antique rolling pin.  The cup hooks could be used to hang pot holders.

Here's a pretty antique Delft rolling pin.
Delft rolling pin. (Photo from HiloAcres in Etsy)

Here's a unique rolling pin with built-in flour sifter.
Silicon rolling pin with built-in flour sifter. (Photo from the green head.)



And here's my Mama's rolling pin that I used to make the pumpkin pie.

My Mama's vintage rolling pin from the late 1930s or early 1940s. 
This is my favorite of all the rolling pins.  My Mama made many pie crusts using this rolling pin and now I am doing the same.  

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete