Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pesto Chicken Salad

Pesto Chicken Salad

Pesto adds a little spark to almost any dish.  Recently I was planning to make chicken salad and noticed that I had a jar of pesto in the fridge I thought I would use it in the salad.  Here's the recipe:

6 boneless skinless chicken thighs poached and diced
1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
1/4 cup basil pesto
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 stalk of celery diced

When I make chicken salad I like to poach the chicken because it always comes out quite tender.
Dice poached chicken thighs.

Toast pine nuts. 

Add toasted pine nuts and pesto.

Add celery.
Add mayo and mix all together lightly. 
Ready to eat. 


I served this on a bed of Romaine lettuce leaves garnished with tangerine slices.  A croissant finished off the dish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment