Monday, November 10, 2014

Apple Ring Pancakes

Apple Ring Pancakes

I'm not sure where I saw this recipe.  Perhaps someone posted it on Facebook.  Anyway Dan and I like both apples and pancakes so I thought I would try this combination of the two.. We had nice big Honey Crisp apples just made for this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 batch pancake mix, (I used 1 1/2 cups Arrowhead Multigrain pancake mix, 2 tbs canola oil, 1 1/4 cup buttermilk.)
1/2 cup additional buttermilk*
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
4 medium apples

Directions:
Heat a griddle over medium heat.
Prepare the pancake mix, mixing in the additional buttermilk, and spices.
Peel and core the apples.  Slice them into 1/8 " slices.  Use a toothpick to dip each slice into the pancake batter, then onto the griddle,  Cook until golden, flipping once.  Serve warm with syrup.

* I didn't have buttermilk so I improvised. Combine 2 % milk and lemon juice. Measure 1 scant cup of milk. Stir in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Let stand 5-10 minutes at room temperature for 5-10 minutes.  Use this substitute (including curdled bits) as you would buttermilk in your recipe.
Add lemon juice to milk to make buttermilk. 
Pancake mix with nutmeg and cinnamon. 

I made the batter to have it ready when the apples were sliced..

Beautiful Honey Crisp apples.  
Slice apples very thin. 1/8".
Dip apple slices into pancake mix using a toothpick. 

Cook on hot griddle until golden brown on each side.  

Flip once.
Add butter and maple supper. 

Ready to eat.  


A nice take on pancakes! We enjoyed these for breakfast this morning. Check out this website: http://myfridgefood.com/recipes/breakfast/apple-ring-pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment