Friday, September 27, 2013

Made in Cape Breton


Made in Cape Breton quilt. 
As we were leaving Cape Breton last month, we stopped in at the Port Hasting Museum Quilt and Craft Shop at the roundabout to see the quilt exhibit.  It's hard for me to pass up an exhibit of quilts.  Although I no longer quilt (I did once make a quilt--completely by hand---pieced and quilted.) I enjoy seeing the handiwork of others.

There are other hand-crafted items there too.  I especially like the little pins made of zippers.
Zipper pins.
And the wall hangings and pillows are pretty too.
Wall hanging.
Owl pillow.

I bought some pretty place mats with a nautical theme in the blues and reds that I like.


Nautical place mats.

I'm looking forward to using the place mats at our summer place in Cape Breton.  The colors match our dining room/sunroom very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment