Thursday, July 25, 2013

Taco Pie


Taco Pie.
I don't know why, but I seem to be on a Mexican cuisine kick.  I like Mexican food okay, but it isn't my favorite by any means, especially if it is spicy.  After making quesadillas the other day,  I found another recipe I wanted to try, Taco Pie.  I liked it because it seemed so easy to make, and it was.   Here's the recipe modified from one I found on allrecipes.com.

Ingredients: (Makes 8 servings.)
1 (8oz) package crescent rolls
1 lb ground beef
l ounce seasoning mix (I made my own)*
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
8 oz shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
Tortilla chips crushed

 * Seasoning mix, my recipe
1 tsp chili powder (I like mine mild, but if you like spicy use 1 Tbs)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
Mix all of these together in a small bowl.
Spices.
Mix spices.

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Lay crescent dough flat on bottom of square cake pan and bake for 11 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Crescent Rolls.
Line pan with Crescent rolls.

3.  Brown ground beef in skillet over medium heat.  Add taco seasoning and stir to mix well.
Brown meat.
Add seasoning.

4.  When dough is done, remove from oven and place meat mixture on top.
Out of oven.

Add meat.

5.  Add layer of sour cream and cheese.  Top with crushed tortilla chips.
Add sour cream.

Add cheese.

6.  Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Out of oven.

Ready to eat.

This is quick to make.  Add a tossed salad and you have a delicious lunch.  This also is good warmed over as leftovers, and it freezes well too.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Pat,
    My husband and I totally LOVE Mexican food and can't get enough of it . . . usually once a week a minimum. I know that we'd love this taco pie recipe, especially after busy work nights! Hope you're having a lovely summer in NC! Rainy, rainy, rainy here in SC!

    xoxo
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainy here too, and my husband's surgery in May has kept us from our usual escape to Nova Scotia for the summer. The doctor has cleared Dan for travel, and we soon will be heading up to Cape Breton for a few weeks. We look forward to escaping the hot humid weather of Raleigh. The summers in CB are usually delightfully cool and if warm, at least not so very humid.

      Delete