Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Veggie Crock Pot Chili

Veggie crock pot chili.

I've been fighting a bad cold since the day after Christmas and haven't been doing much cooking.  I've missed it, and now I finally feel like getting back to it.  Years ago when I was in Weight Watchers I tried this recipe, and I've kept it as a go to recipe ever since.  January is usually a good chili month, and this recipe fits the bill. It freezes well too.  So I resumed cooking with this chili because it's an easy one.  Just dump everything into the crock pot and after four hours it's ready to serve over rice.





VEGGIE CROCK POT CHILI
(Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers.)

1 large onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 ½ cups matchstick carrots
1 pkg (8oz) sliced mushrooms
1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes
2 cans (15oz) kidney beans, undrained
1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
Chili powder to taste

Combine all ingredients in crock pot.  Stir.  Cook on high for 4 hours.

One serving is 2 cups for 3 points.(Perhaps one doesn't count points any longer in WW.)
Serve over brown or plain rice.  Garnish with shredded cheese. (This of course will add points).
Onions, green pepper, matchstick carrots.
Put ingredients into crock pot.
Add mushrooms and crushed tomatoes.
Add kidney beans and crushed pineapple.
I use Penseys Chili Powder.
Cook four hours in the crock pot on high.





I was reluctant at first to try this recipe because of the pineapple, but honestly you don’t realize it has pineapple.  This is a good recipe.  Easy to make and freezes well too.

Enjoy!!!!! 
Ready to eat over rice.






No comments:

Post a Comment