Friday, June 8, 2018

Gadding About with the Ridge Rovers


I happened to be in Cleveland County recently when the Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church Seniors were planning a trip to Strawberry Hill in Chesnee, South Carolina, and my friend PJ invited me to go.  It's always fun to go with the Ridge Rovers as the Pleasant Ridge Seniors are known.
The bus. 
Pat (left) and PJ perusing the menu.

My friend Sue was along.
The menu. 
It's not surprising that the first sandwich selection on the menu was a Bologna Sandwich, and the last time I had that sandwich was as a child.  For old times sake that's what I ordered, and because I was ravenous it tasted pretty darn good (actually I'm not a fan of bologna.)
Bologna sandwich with mayo, mustard, and slaw. 
Across the road from the restaurant tractors pulling trailers loaded with strawberries were bringing in the morning's bounty. 
A really full gallon of strawberries.  
There were zucchini and squash fresh from the field as well.
After loading our purchases, we went back across the road to the restaurant for our dessert.  My choice fresh strawberry ice cream.  Delish!
It was a perfect day to enjoy the morning with the Ridge Rovers. I even threatened to climb aboard a John Deere for a photo, but I was strongly encouraged to just stand in front. 


I'd enjoyed Strawberry Hill vicariously in the past, but it was fun to experience it in person, and it was especially enjoyable to visit with friends of Pleasant Ridge.  Taking home fresh strawberries just picked from the field wasn't bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment