Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Dinner Detective





My friend Jeanette and I were gadding about last Saturday night when we went to a Dinner Detective in Chapel Hill at the Sheraton (what used to be The Europa).   It was my first time to attend one of these dinners where the guests try to guess who the culprit is when a murder is committed. 


We were greeted with a sign.






An acting troupe in Chapel Hill offers these dinners rather frequently.  I really didn't know what to expect.  But it was a lot of fun.  The actors were quite good.   The food wasn't bad either.


There was a nice selection of appetizers.
A lovely cheese and fruit tray of appetizers.



Salads and drinks were at the tables.  I was about half way through my salad when they suggested we get up and go around and question folks we might suspect was the murderer.  When I returned the waiter had removed my salad.  I was sorry that I hadn't finished it. 
The table was beautifully set with our salads and our drinks. 




At one point Jeanette had a clue under her chair, so she had to get up and was questioned about why she was not sharing the clue with the whole crowd.  She was opening it to show to our table which was a no no. 

Jeanette is being scolded because she was opening the "clue" to share with our table.


A number of attendees were questioned during the show and the fellow who was playing the detective was quite funny and was very good at adlibbing. 


The detective is questioning one of the guests, the man in the yellow shirt. 


We had a choice of a chicken dish or salmon.  I chose the salmon and it was beautifully prepared.  Very tasty. 
Delicious fillet of salmon with rice pilaf and carrots.
And of course there was dessert, a carrot cake.
Carrot cake for dessert.


Neither Jeanette nor I guessed correctly who the murderer was, but it was a fun evening filled with laughter.  
Photo of Jen and me as we entered the room.  They gave me a prop!



As we entered, our photos were taken in one case with me having a weapon.  I look very dangerous, don't I?







No comments:

Post a Comment