Friday, March 8, 2013

An Evening With Johnny Mathis


Last night I went with friend Helen to a Johnny Mathis concert.  I could close my eyes and  believe I was a teenager again.  Mathis had some of his biggest hits in the 50s when I was in college, and he was and is a favorite of mine.  If you live near where he is performing on his 2013 tour, don't miss it.  Helen and I may head out to Branson (where we have never been) to catch him there in November. 

Here are some of my favorite Mathis songs.  I hope you enjoy them.

Chances Are:


Twelfth of Never:


Too much, too little, too late: (In the 1970s a number one hit with
Deniece Williams twenty years after his first number one hit.)




He still has an amazing voice, and he still brings the crowd to its feet just as he did in the 50s.*  Thank you Mr. Mathis, it was wonderful, wonderful. oh, so wonderful to me.

* We are a little slower getting to our feet now that we are a bit older---we can't jump to our feet the way we did in the 50s.  

No comments:

Post a Comment